IUTC partner universities share online applications:
- Academic Writing Assistant
The Academic Writing Assistant is an online writing tool designed to help researchers write academic texts. The tool comprises two components.
- Text review
This component offers advice on common language issues, coherence and cohesion, and stylistic matters.
- Vocabulary resources
This component provides information on specific words and word combinations (e.g., to carry out / conduct research) as well as on the contexts in which they appear.
- Text review
- Lecture Board
Lecture Board is a learning platform aimed at researchers and lecturers who need to teach and tutor students in English. It comprises both vocabulary and grammar practice.
- Info videos
Three video clips to help you get started on your paper:
- Blanpain, Kristin. 2012. Academic Writing. A resource for researchers. Leuven: Acco.
- Blanpain, Kristin and Laffut, An. 2009. Academic Spoken English. A Corpus-Based Guide to Lectures, Presentations, Seminars and Tutorials. Leuven: Acco.
- De Boom, Leen & Deroey, Katrien. 2013. Academic English: Writing a Research Article – (Bioscience) Engineering. Gent: Academia Press.
- De Boom, Leen. 2013. Academic English: Writing a Research Article – Natural Sciences. Gent: Academia Press.
- Deroey, Katrien & Neyts, Dominique. 2013. Academic English: Writing a Resarch Article – Life Sciences & Medicine. Gent: Academia Press.
- Verguts, Catherine. 2013. Academic English: Writing a Research Article. Gent: Academia Press.
- Verguts, 2013. Academic English: Writing a Research Article – Arts, Humanities & Law. Gent: Academia Press.
- Engelen, Christine and van Splunder, Frank. 2018. Ruimte voor creatieve oplossingen. Taal in het Vlaamse hoger onderwijs: beleid en praktijk. Den Haag, THeMa : tijdschrift voor hoger onderwijs & management 25:3 p. 19-23.